Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Camping

So I am mainly doing this post for myself. This weekend I am going camping. So excited and I cannot wait. I always love camping, but this time around it is going to be a little different. Grilling pretty much goes hand-in-hand when it comes to camping. I am stressing about what I am going to eat all weekend when everyone is chowing down on burgers, hot dogs, and beef jerky..Then it came to me. I can enjoy the same things..vegetarian style..I can grill a veggie burger or dog! And maybe I can convince someone to try one. :) I have been doing a lot of searching and found some great food options while camping.
Breakfast:
Pancakes (surprisingly most are vegan)
Oatmeal
Fruit (if you are able to keep fresh)
Granola Bars
Scrambled Tofu
Lunch:
PB&J
Grilled cheese w/avocado (tastes so much better over fire!)
Soup
Hummus w/pitta or crackers
Dinner:
Veggie Burger/Dog
Chili
Pasta (with roasted veggies, fresh greens, beans..)
Corn
Snacks:
Popcorn (popped over the fire!)
Tofu Jerky
Trail Mix or Nuts 
Fresh Fruit
Now that I made a little list I feel a lot better about going into this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment