Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Kale

Okay lately I have been eating Kale. I was at the farmers market a few weeks ago with a friend and we walked by a stand with a bunch of Kale. We both hadn't tried it before and decided too. I thought it had a different taste then normal greens, but I really like it. You can make a salad or put it in a smoothie. Today I made some kale chips and they were amazing. You just drizzle the kale with extra virgin olive oil, pop it in the oven for 5 mins and sprinkle some parmesan cheese on them! So easy and delicious! Kale is like a super vegetable. It is so healthy for you. It is high in Calcium, vitamin K, C and A. It is also the highest amount of antioxidants in foods that you can get.

Health benefits of Kale:
*Strengthens Bones
*Combats Cancer
*Protects Eyesight
*Aids in Weight Loss
*Boosts Immune System
                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment